Whether you have children or not, life is busy, and trying to get everyone out of the house in the morning having had a good breakfast, with the correct school bag and gym kit, can be a challenge. However your breakfast does not have to suffer. This super easy overnight breakfast recipe tastes so good it is ridiculous. Once you mix the ingredients together, your breakfast literally makes itself overnight. Sounds too good to be true? That is what thought when I first came across it, I tried and was hooked right in. It literally takes moments to mix everything together before you go to bed, and it is ready to go in the morning. Definitely a ‘Ready Meal’, but super healthy and cheap.
Once you have the basic recipe, you can tailor make this breakfast to suit yourself with endless variations such as:
- adding raisins and cinnamon to the overnight mix
- adding nuts or seeds of any kind, toasting them will give them even more flavour, add in the morning for some crunchy texture
You can add all the ingredients the night before, however your breakfast will turn the colour of whatever fruit you put in. Frozen blueberries will give you a purple breakfast!
Serves: 1 adult
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: overnight soaking
|1||handful||berries fresh or frozen|
- Before you go to bed, put your oats, milk, yoghurt and grated apple into a glass bowl or plastic tub, depending if you are eating at home or on the go. Stir, cover and pop in the fridge.
- In the morning give it a good mix. You may want to add a little more milk to loosen it up.
- Add in chopped banana, berries and anything else you fancy.
- Stir and tuck right in.