Sausages go down well any time with kids and adults alike, add in beans and it is winning combination. My speedy sausage and beans make a great week night tea. Use whichever type of beans your family likes. I have used a tin of mixed pulses, but you can use kidney beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas or anything else goes down well.
|Serves: 2 adults and 2 children||Prep Time: 5 mins||Cooking Time: 30 minutes|
|2||carrots cut into chunks|
|400||grams||tin mixed pulses|
|90||grams||peas defrosted if frozen|
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and cook until they have browned on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan and cook for 3 minutes until the onion is starting to soften.
- Chop the sausages into chunks and return them to the pan along with the garlic, thyme, pulses, mustard and chicken stock. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Thicken the sauce with cornflour.
- Serve in bowls with extra veg.