When you are searching for new family dinner ideas look no further than this quick sausage n’ pasta. It is simple, easy and super tasty – after all what is not to like about sausage and pasta! With only 4 ingredients it is a dish that all you novice cooks out there can tackle, and is ideal for those days when life is super busy. It is also a good recipe to get the kids starting cooking.
Skinning sausages is really easy, just use a pair of kitchen scissors to slice up the side of a sausage, peel back the casing and remove the meat. Alternatively you could chop the sausage into 5 or 6 pieces, but I always think it looks like you are getting more sausage when they have been skinned and broken up.
I have yet to find a child that does not like sausages, though I am certain there are a few out there, so this dish is a safe bet if your kids have friends round for tea. You can mix and match the ingredients however you like. Swap the sausages for chicken and bacon and the sweetcorn for any type of veg you like.
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Cook the pasta, add the sweetcorn for the last couple of minutes of cooking time.
- While the pasta is cooking, skin the sausages and put the sausage meat in a large frying pan.
- Fry the sausage meat breaking it up as it cooks. Make the sausage pieces fairly small but not so small they disappear in the dish.
- Drain off any excess fat from the frying pan.
- Add the passata and cooked pasta.
- Stir and heat through.
- Serve with some extra veg.