Do you ever wonder ‘what to cook for dinner?’ This pesto parmesan salmon is a regular Saturday dinner in our house and it comes from the creative cooks at BBC Good Food. Really simple to do but tastes great. It is an ideal dish to make in advance, and I often prepare it while the boys are having their tea on a Saturday. Then all it needs is a short time in the oven.
How many times do you buy a jar of pesto with all good intentions of using it all, for it to fester at the back of the fridge, and is growing mould when you remember about it? Sound familiar, yes. The answer is an ice cube tray. Fill the tray with the pesto, pop into the freezer then when the pesto cubes are frozen pop them out of the tray and into a freezer bag. Each cube of pesto is about the right amount for one person. The cubes take very little time to thaw out and you have not wasted any pesto. A final word of advice, when you use the last of your pesto cubes put pesto on your shopping list. A couple of times I have been very disappointed searching in the freezer for pesto, but realising there is none to be had.
Serves: 2 adults
|Prep Time: 5 mins||Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
|2||salmon fillets 125g each|
|2||tablespoons||parmesan grated finely|
- Heat the oven to 200’C/220’c no fan/Gas 7
- Lightly oil an oven proof baking tray, place the salmon on the tray skin side down.
- Mix the pesto with 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumbs, and spread on top of the salmon.
- Mix the remaining breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of the parmesan, sprinkle over the pesto mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top.
- Cook in the oven. The salmon will take about 12 minutes to cook, but check after 10.
- Mini roast potatoes are a great accompaniment to this salmon.