This recipe of minced lamb and mint brings together two classic flavours. I have used dried mint, but if you have fresh mint it works just as well. Also you can either use fresh or frozen lamb mince. If you are using frozen, just treat it as fresh as it defrosts really quickly in the frying pan.
|Serves: 2 adults and 2 children||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 20 minutes|
|1||teaspoon||grated fresh ginger|
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion. Fry until beginning to brown. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan and add the lamb mince. Fry until browned then transfer to the pan. Lamb can be quite fatty so drain off any excess before transferring the lamb to your pan.
- Add the spices, ginger, tomatoes, garlic and stock to the onion and mince. Stir well, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and veggies.