If you want a change from traditional bolognese, this lentil bolognese uses red lentils in the place of mince. When the lentils cook they lose their form and this gives the sauce a really thick consistency. Hopefully all you hardened meat eaters will find this just as satisfying.
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
|1||clove garlic crushed|
|600||grams||tinned chopped tomatoes (1 1/2 cans)|
|2||medium carrots peeled and grated|
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the sauce until smooth.
- Add the lentils, tomato puree and basil.
- Cook until the lentils are soft. You will need to add water to the pan to prevent it from becoming too thick.
- Serve with pasta and veggies.