This honey soy salmon is something I do quite regularly for a ‘Saturday Dinner’. I usually get the sauce mixed while the boys are having their tea. Then when I am ready to cook, it is really quick to do. A really easy way to remove the skin from the salmon, is to put it skinned side down first when you cook it. When you turn it over after a few minutes, the skin will come off easily.
Serves: 2 adults
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
salmon fillets weighing 125 g each
spring onions chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes before turning it over. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix the mustard, honey, soy sauce and stock in a small bowl. Pour over the salmon and bring to a simmer.
- As the sauce simmers it will reduce down. Cook for 2 minutes before adding the spring onions.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the salmon is cooked and the spring onions have warmed through.
- Add the stock to the pan and stir it into the soy mixture and pan juices.
- Heat through, and serve with brown rice and vegetables.