Usually risotto involves standing at the cooker ladling a spoonful of stock into the rice, then stirring while waiting for the stock to be absorbed by the rice. This easy oven baked risotto cooks away in the oven all by itself. There are endless variations you can make with this recipe. experiment to see what your family like best. If you do not want to put the oven on for this, you can just as easily make it on the hob. Have the heat turned right down, and give it a stir now and then to make sure that the rice is not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
|Serves: 2 adults and 2 children||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 20 minutes|
|60||grams||smoked bacon cut into small pieces|
|250||grams||chicken chopped into bite sized pieces|
|1||small onion chopped|
|parmesan cheese grated|
- Preheat the oven to 180’C fan/200’C no fan/Gas 6
- Fry the bacon and chicken in an ovenproof pan or casserole dish until the chicken no longer pink on the outside. This will take 5-8 minutes.
- Add the onion and butter. Cook for a further 4 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the rice and stir well to ensure all the grains of rice are coated.
- Pour in the stock and add the tomato puree and cherry tomatoes, give a quick stir then cover with a well fitting lid and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven, give the risotto a stir and taste the rice to see if it is cooked. If it needs more cooking about another 3 minutes will do. Add a little more hot water if it is a bit dry.
- Stir in about 5 grams of parmesan.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on the top and veggies.