Chicken with mustard and gherkin crust always remind me of holidays in Germany as a child. They have fabulous spreads of cold meat, cheese, bread and gherkins. I have put this recipe in the ‘Saturday Dinner’ category as not many children I know like gherkins. However, if you kids love them go for it!
|Serves: 2 adults||Prep Time: 5 mins||Cooking Time: 20 minutes|
|2||chicken breasts 125g each|
|1 1/2||teaspoons||dry English mustard powder|
- Preheat oven to 200’C fan/220’C no fan/Gas mark 7
- Place the chicken in a shallow pyrex dish. Season.
- Chop the gherkins into small pieces and mix with the oil and mustard.
- Spread the gherkin mix over the top of the chicken to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, if the chicken is not quite cooked put it back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Lovely served with baked or mini roast potatoes and veg.