This beef and bean hotpot with added beans makes a pack of mince go just that little bit further. It doesn’t mind sitting about for a bit once it is made. It is also easily doubled if you are having a family gathering. You can experiment with different vegetables in this, such as frozen peas or swede.
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
|2||carrots cut into chunks|
|300||grams||potato washed and cut into chunks|
|1/2||beef stock cube|
|400||grams||tin baked beans|
- Put the mince in a pan and cook until browned. Chop up the mince as it cooks so there are no lumps left.
- Add the stock, onion, carrot and potato and stir well.
- Add enough water to just about cover the veg.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, by which time the veg should be cooked. If not give them a few minutes more.
- Mix in the baked beans.
- If the sauce is too runny, thicken it with corn flour.