‘Auntie Sarah’s Pasta’ is exactly what it says on the tin. My sister a few years back for my boys, they love it and were very keen for me to include this recipe. It is super quick and easy and always disappears at lightning speed with no complaints. You can make this with either raw or cooked chicken, just use what you have in the fridge or freezer. 375g raw chicken works out at about 240g cooked chicken. You can replace the chicken with cooked ham if you want, or any other meat or fish. Just do what suits you and your family.
I love it when my boys ask again and again for a recipe, especially when it is a quick, easy and healthy recipe. Auntie Sarah’s pasta is one of those recipes. I have to make sure that I make enough as they always ask for seconds. Children’s appetites vary hugely, for my 2 they live to eat not eat to live, I am in the same camp as them! Without fail, most days they will ask before breakfast ‘what’s for tea’. Other children are quite happy to find out when they sit down for tea.
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
chicken cut into bite sized pieces
creme fraiche make them heaped spoonfuls
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and fry until golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook until cooked but not soggy.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain all but a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta and water to the chicken and stir.
- Mix the creme fraiche and tomato puree to the pasta and chicken. Stir until combined and sauce is hot.
- Serve with veggies.