This is a fab aubergine sweet potato and cashew nut curry, which even the most hardened of meat eaters don’t seem to mind the lack of animal flesh. There is no need for any rice as there is sweet potato in it, and the cashews give plenty of protein.
You can substitute the cashews for chicken. Use 250g chicken breast chopped into bit sized pieces. Add the chicken after the sweet potatoes have had their initial 5 minutes cooking time.
|Serves: 2 adults||Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 25 minutes|
|1||tablespoon||coconut or vegetable oil|
|300||grams||sweet potato cubed|
|2||tablespoon curry paste|
|125||ml||chicken or veg stock|
|200 ml||boiling water|
|90||grams||cauliflower cut into bite sized florets|
|90||grams||frozen peas defrosted|
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok if you have one.
- Add the sweet potato and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook for another minute, then stir in the aubergine.
- Place the creamed coconut in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. It will need bashed with a fork to get the coconut to mix with the water.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan along with the stock.
- Stir well, put a lid on then cook for 10 minutes, then add the cauliflower.
- Add the peas and cashew nuts. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked. Serve in bowls.